Working out of CCH in Keilor, DR Brooke Harcourt is a Paediatric and Maternal Dietitian with Family Dietetics.
Brooke believes in working with children and their families to develop personalised and attainable nutrition goals. Brooke has advanced training in feeding therapies including the SOS feeding method and working with children with ASD, and lactation counselling.
Paediatric dietitians may work individually or part of a multidisciplinary team depending on your child’s condition.
Clinical Interests and Experience
All paediatric conditions requiring nutrition and dietetic therapy. Brooke helps manage a broad range of conditions affecting infants, children and adolescents, including:
- Poor growth/ Failure to thrive /Weight faltering
- Healthy growth curve establishment
- Introduction of solid foods
- Fussy eating
- Food sensitivities/intolerance/allergies
- Breastfeeding and Lactation counselling
- Weaning/Formula introduction counselling
CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS WITH CHRONIC CONDITIONS
- Fussy eating and Moderate-Severe Food Restriction Disorders
- Diabetes and endocrinology conditions
- Autistic spectrum disorders and behavioural disorders
- Overweight and obesity including Polycystic ovary syndrome and Genetic obesity syndromes
- Gastrointestinal conditions including Coeliac Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Congenital Disorders including; Kidney disease, Heart Disease, Liver Disease and Cystic Fibrosis
- Metabolic disorders: carbohydrate, amino acid, mitochondrial, lipid
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Developmental Conditions including Cerebral palsy, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Eating disorders
- Childhood Cancers
At your initial appointment, Brooke will assess: your child’s growth, eating patterns and habits, sleeping patterns, full dietary intake, daily activity levels, current medical condition and medical history. Goals for nutrition therapy are developed together with the family and any other relevant medical professionals and progress is evaluated each visit.
Appointments with a dietitian are available with or without a referral.
Funding for dietetics consultation may be available via;
- National Disability Insurance Scheme, speak to your plan manager about this.
- Medicare via Chronic Disease Management plans, speak to your GP about these.
- Private Health Insurance Extra Cover, check with your insurance provider to see if you are eligible.
Dr Brooke Harcourt
BNutDiet(Hons) BSc(Hons) PhD APD