I work with infants, toddlers, and adolescents so that they have the nutrition to grow optimally. Some children may have difficulty having the right nutrition for growth, and long term effects of over-eating and under-eating can have undesirable outcomes for them.
All children have different nutritional needs and I help families ensure that they are equipped with the necessary knowledge to make the right food choices for their families so that their children will grow well into their adulthood.
I understand that management of complex food allergies/food intolerances can often be difficult. I have helped various families to liberalise their diets to meet their child’s needs. This is important to prevent an over-restrictive diet that can lead to nutrient deficiencies or restrictive eating, and most importantly, to make food and eating enjoyable for the family.”
Professional Highlights and Memberships:
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (University of Newcastle, New South Wales)
- Certificate in Paediatric Dietetics (Royal Children’s Hospital, Victoria)
- Member of Dietitians Association of Australia – full Accredited Practising Dietitian status
- Member of the working party for the Practice-based Evidenced in Nutrition (PEN) guidelines for eating disorders
- Dietetics lead for developing a multidisciplinary paediatric food allergy clinic
- Supervisory role for level 1-2 dietitians and dietitian assistants
- Supervisory role for dietetic students from Flinders University and Wollongong University
Areas of Expertise
* Weight management – underweight/overweight *Management of poor growth or failure to thrive in infants *Food allergies *Food intolerances – eg. Fructose intolerance, wheat intolerance, Elimination diet, lactose intolerance *Gastrointestinal issues – eg. Coeliac Disease, Constipation *Healthy eating for disordered eating patterns/eating disorders *Extreme fussy eating/problem feeders – using the Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) approach to Feeding *Additional languages: Mandarin and Malay